October 29, 2021
- Preliminary meetings with Working Group Leads took place between July 6 – August 28, 2021, with Working Group Work Plans developed and distributed to Chairs.
- Knowledge Keepers to be invited to participate in Working Groups by internal members as decided on August 6, 2021.
- Working Group Membership List formulated from the first call-out was approved by all the NCIME Executive Committee Members on August 6, 2021, with the IPAC’s current membership list provided.
- The Working Group Master Budget and Master Workplan document was completed in the month of September.
- The Second Call for Working Group members closed on September 24, with the first meeting of the Working Groups proposed for Friday, November 26.
- Indigenous Services Canada National Dialogue on Anti-Indigenous Racism in Canada’s Health Care systems June 28-29, 2021: NCIME member of planning committee facilitated.
- NCIME was an invited speaker for the LIME Network Connections IX Staying Connected Panel “Connecting the Networks”. August 24, 2021.
- Health Care Excellence Canada (HCE) to form a research collaborative with the NCIME
- Internal lecture presentation for the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC) Staff on the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and Orange Shirt Day facilitated by the NCIME Staff on Tuesday, September 28, 2021, with resources provided.
- The University of Manitoba is to provide database access for the NCIME Research Database development.
- The NCIME met with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) for the new Academic-CIHR Strategic Partnership Table on October 5, 2021. The purpose of this table will be to engage with a cross section of academic national and umbrella organizations, on common priorities to advance mutually aligned activities.
- The NCIME met with the four Quebec schools October 18, 2021, to discuss engagement opportunities.
- The NCIME distributed the Joint Commitment to Action on Indigenous Health (JCAIH) Reporting Framework and Survey Request for Proposal for the AFMC.
- The NCIME quarterly newsletters were launched June 30, 2021, and the second newsletter was released September 3, 2021.
- The NCIME website and Social Media accounts were launched July 6, 2021
- The First Call for Working Group Members was distributed on July 9, with the second call distributed on September 9, 2021.
- The NCIME submitted abstracts to Pacific Region Indigenous Doctors Congress (PRIDoc) 2022 and Canadian Conference on Medical Education (CCME) 2022.
- Integrated project news and updates to News blog page of website, and launched two new pages on website: Executive Committee, and Our Team.
- Developed a project communications plan and budget.
- The Indigenous Physician Association of Canada (IPAC) consultant agreement to lead the working group “Indigenous Physician Wellness and Joy in Work” has been signed.
- The NCIME Performance Measurement Plan was approved by Health Canada on June 28th, 2021, and the 2020-2021 Performance Measurement report was submitted June 29, 2021.
- The Indigenous Intellectual Property, Copyright, and Data Sovereignty Consulting Services (IIPCDS) contract was awarded, with work starting on September 9th, 2021.
- The Project Evaluation & Performance Measurement Services contract was awarded, with work starting on October 22nd, 2021.
- The Education Consulting Services Request for Proposal was reissued on August 26, 2021, and October 1, 2021, and currently delivered to select consultants.
- The NCIME welcomed Natasha Bascevan and Alexandra (Ali) Nychuk, Indigenous Research and Evaluation Assistants, to the team on August 9th, and September 7th, 2021, respectively and now have a full staff complement.